The condition of facial skin for women is very important. Of course, the owners of the normal skin type are lucky. But what do women and girls with dry skin do? There is always a solution: the right care, which will eliminate the problems of dry skin.
Dry skin is very sensitive and has the following signs:
- sensation of tightness
Women with this type of skin mostly experience problems with the onset of cold weather.
This is due to a lack of sebum and a lack of moisture. The upper layer of skin is very thinning, it leads to dry skin. If you do not start taking care of such skin, there is the formation of wounds and cracking of the skin.
There is a test that will help determine whether you have dry skin or not. You need to press your fingers on the skin, if the traces do not disappear for a long time, it indicates that you have a dry skin type.
But there is a positive side to this type of skin, it is no oily shine, acne, pimples..
The importance of hydration for facial skin
For facial skin to look and function beautifully, it needs to be moisturized. Adequate hydration provides a normal level of nutrition to the cells of the epidermis, the skin becomes elastic and firm.
A lipid film is formed on the skin which protects it from moisture loss. It also becomes a barrier for the penetration of toxins, allergens and germs. But if the lipid layer is damaged, the skin becomes vulnerable to inflammation, premature aging.
Causes of dry skin
- Genetic predisposition. When I’m young, it’s a plus. My skin is even, without rashes, but as I get older, I start to have problems.
- The amount of fluid intake should be at least 1,5-2 liters a day. This will replenish the water balance in the body and remove toxins.
- Lack of vitamins A, E, C, B group, D, PP, F minerals. Consumption of large quantities of salt, sugar, spicy foods has a detrimental effect on the condition of the skin.
- Natural external influences. Strong sun, dirty air, overcooling, all these factors thin the lipid layer.
- Improper care can also contribute to dry and flaky skin.
- Washing your face with very hot water can irritate and dry your skin. And the use of soap can also disrupt the lipid layer.
- Flaky and dry skin can be caused by a thyroid gland malfunction.
- On the state of the face, skin is affected by the state of the circulatory and digestive systems. Their pathology is reflected on the face.
- Frequent use of scrubs and peels disturbs the upper layer of the epidermis, as a result, the skin becomes dry.
How to combat dry skin
- At least eight hours of sleep. It’s not only good for your facial skin, but also for your whole body.
- Inject foods containing vitamins A, E, B1-B12
Foods rich in vitamin A – eggs, broccoli, tomatoes, fish oil. Vitamin E – white fish, nuts, legumes, corn, radishes. B vitamins – redfish, white cabbage, parsley, cheese, shrimp.
- Use a moisturizer
When choosing moisturizers for dry skin, it is necessary to pay attention to the composition of the product. Hydrates should be included in moisturizers.
Hydratants are divided into 2 types:
- Film-forming – glycerin, wax, mineral oils, linolenic acid, and linoleic acid. This type forms a film on the face that retains moisture in the skin. Glycerin has another important property is its ability to stimulate the maturation of new skin cells. This cell renewal in turn maintains optimal moisture levels in the skin and prevents skin dryness.
- Hygroscopic are urea, hyaluronic acid, lactic acid, collagen, and pyrrolidonic carboxylic acid. These components retain moisture inside the skin.
4 steps for dry skincare
1. Remove remaining makeup with methylated water or hydrophilic oil. When washing your skin, use mousses, foams and gels. The water should be warm but not hot.
Instead of scrubbing, use soft exfoliators or scrapes without large, abrasive particles.
After washing, do not rub your skin with a towel, but dab your skin with a paper towel.
2. After washing your face, use a toner. It will prepare your skin for the next step. The toner creates a protective layer. But don’t use an alcoholic one.
3. Moisturizing. This is an important step for dry skin. Apply moisturizing serums in the morning and moisturizing creams and gels in the evening.
Use masks 1-3 times a week to moisturize your skin. But you should not use clay-based masks, they do not moisturize, but on the contrary take moisture out of the skin.
4. Nourishment. Apply a rich skin cream to your face 30 minutes before bedtime and allow it to fully absorb.
Don’t forget to use a face cream with an SPF filter before going outdoors. This will protect your skin from harmful radiation, even on cloudy days.
Native beauty recipes for dry skin
Aloe vera is included in many beauty products. Aloe vera gel increases the production of collagen and elastin in the skin. It also has healing and anti-inflammatory properties.
It is necessary to cut the stem of aloe vera lengthwise, extract the gel, apply it to your face, and leave it overnight. Apply the gel daily before going to bed.
Leftovers can be stored in a container in a dark place.
Various vegetable oils can be used to nourish dry skin.
Coconut oil is a godsend. It replenishes the fatty acids in the skin. The oil must be applied to dry skin. Such procedures must be done 1-2 times a day.
Jojoba oil hydrates the skin, softens it, and removes flaking. It also relieves inflammation on the skin. Warm water, thin towel.
Half a teaspoon of oil. Put a towel soaked in warm but not very hot water on the face, hold for 5-7 minutes. Remove the towel, blot the face with a paper towel, and apply the oil to the face.
Rub into the skin with massaging movements. Wait until the oil is completely absorbed. This oil should be used 1-2 times a week.
Olive oil nourishes and moisturizes dry skin. Olive oil contains polyphenols, which have antioxidant properties. In addition, olive oil heals wounds and promotes skin regeneration.
Soothes itchy skin and reduces peeling of the skin.
Prepare a mixture of these oils. To do this, take 2 teaspoons of olive oil and 1-2 drops of lavender oil. Let’s mix it up and apply it on dry skin. Remove the excess oil with a paper towel.
You should not use lavender oil in its pure form. It can cause irritation and redness on the skin.
Almond oil has been used since ancient times to treat the skin. Almond oil improves the complexion, moisturizes the skin, and makes it smooth and supple.
Geranium oil is an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory oil used in the treatment of eczema.
To combat dry skin, take 4 tablespoons of almond oil and 2-3 drops of geranium oil. Stir and use the mixture instead of cream at night.
Vitamin E in capsules
Vitamin E oil is an excellent remedy for severe dryness of the skin. It is necessary to take a capsule, puncture it, and apply the oil to the skin of the face before going to bed.
Fruit masks for dry face and body
A watermelon face mask
Watermelon is very high in the water as well as vitamins. The lycopene in watermelon will make your skin smooth and moisturized. You need to take the fresh juice of watermelon 1-2 tablespoons. Mix with 1 teaspoon of honey. Apply the mixture to your face. Leave for 10 minutes. Rinse off with cool water. Such a procedure can be done two times a week.
Pineapple Soft Peel
The pineapple contains the enzyme bromelain. It helps to remove the top layer of dead cells, which will make your skin smooth and supple. It acts as a gentle exfoliation. And also the skin is cleansed of impurities.
To do this, take 1-2 tablespoons of pineapple juice and mix it with 1 teaspoon of honey.
Apply the mixture to your face for 20 minutes. Rinse off with cool water. Use 1 to 2 times a week.
Strawberries perfectly tone the skin, giving a fresh color and elasticity. Soothes skin irritation.
Take 1 teaspoon of strawberry juice. 1 teaspoon olive or coconut oil. Half a teaspoon of cream. Mix and apply to face for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off the rest of the mixture with water. Such a mask can be done 1-2 times a week.
Avocados are rich in nourishing waxes, proteins, minerals, and vitamins A, D, and E. Avocados can help provide nourishment for dry and chapped skin. Avocado oil has been found in studies on mice to increase collagen synthesis and protect the skin from ultraviolet radiation.
You’re going to need:
- ½ Avocado;
- ¼ Cup honey;
- What you should do;
- Mash the avocado and place it in a bowl. Make sure there are no large lumps;
- Add the honey to the avocado and stir until smooth;
- Apply the mask and leave for 15 minutes;
- Rinse with warm water.
How often to do: You can use this face mask 1-2 times a week.
Banana contains potassium, vitamins B6, C, niacin, zinc, and amino acids that provide overall skin benefits. It can help soothe and moisturize dry skin.
- ½ Ripe banana;
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil.
What to do:
- Mash the banana with a spoon;
- Add coconut oil to make a smooth paste;
- Apply a face mask and keep it on for 20 min;
- Rinse with cold water.
How often to apply: Use this face mask 1-2 times a week.
Homemade remedies for dry skin
Apple cider vinegar is great for regulating the pH of the skin. The acids in apple cider vinegar gently cleanse the skin without disturbing the lipid layer of the skin. For the mask, we need to take half a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, half a teaspoon of water, and half a teaspoon of honey. Mix everything. Apply to dry skin for 10 minutes. You can also use it on the whole face. Use up to two times a week.
The excellent texture of baking soda is a good substitute for a scrub. It will gently exfoliate dry and dead skin cells. Soda is great for reducing itching, and inflammation. To make the scrub, take 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or olive oil. Stir and apply the scrub to your face. Scrub your face for 3 minutes. Rinse with water. It is possible to make such cleansing 1-2 times a week.
Curcuma contains curcumin. Curcumin has a complex effect on the skin. Curcuma removes fine lines, improves complexion, removes pigment spots, moisturizes. The mask is prepared as follows. Take half a teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of fatty yogurt, or olive oil. Mix and apply on your face. Let it remain for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with water. Be careful, turmeric will stain clothes. You can do the mask up to 2 times a week.
Cocoa has phytochemicals that have antioxidant properties. Cocoa improves the blood flow of the skin, which is reflected in the health of the skin.
For the mask we will need:
- 5 tbsp. of cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. cornflour
Mix all the ingredients until smooth. You can divide the mixture into two parts. Apply one part to the skin and keep the second part in a container with a lid in a cold place. It is recommended to apply 2 times a week before bathing or showering.
Cinnamon Honey Mask
Honey is a natural moisturizer and cinnamon has anti-inflammatory properties and cleanses pores perfectly.
The mask requires:
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
Mix ingredients and apply to face. Wash off after 15 minutes. Apply every 3 to 4 days.
Cucumber face mask
Cucumber is excellent for toning, soothing, and cooling the skin.
Take ¼ of a cucumber and 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel. Crush the cucumber, mix with aloe vera and apply to the face for 15 minutes. Rinse off with water. Apply twice a week.