Dry skin can be a real nuisance because it requires a great deal of care and attention. This article will explain how to take care of your dry skin.
Characteristics of dry skin
- Dry skin often shows flaky patches.
- It tends to be rough
- Dry skin is inelastic.
- Often those with dry skin tend to itch and struggle with redness on their face.
- Dry skin often loses tone and texture and has an uneven appearance
- It gets irritated by temperature and other environmental factors.
- Dry skin tends to age prematurely and wrinkles begin to appear quite early.
10 main causes of dry skin:
- The most common cause of dry skin is improper nutrition.
- Often people’s skin becomes dry in the summertime because there is too much sunlight during this period, which contributes to dry skin.
- But dry skin is not uncommon in winter either. Rapidly changing temperatures (leaving a warm room outdoors, for example) can also cause dry skin.
- In addition, the presence of constant stress may also be the cause of dryness.
- Genetic predisposition should not be excluded from the list of causes of dry skin.
- Taking medications can provoke dry skin. It is important to read the instructions before use to avoid possible problems.
- Another cause of dryness is cosmetics that are not suitable for your existing skin type. This applies to both care and decorative cosmetics. It is necessary to look at the composition before buying products. Do not take products that contain alcohol, and you should not use a variety of scrubs and peels.
- Dry skin can be caused by various diseases such as dermatitis, psoriasis, avitaminosis, diabetes, as well as gastrointestinal problems.
- Hormone problems are not uncommon to cause dry skin.
- Finally, insufficient water in the body can also cause dry skin.
How to properly care for dry skin at home?
- Clean your skin with gentle products. They should not contain paraben or alcohol. It is important to wash your face with water at room temperature.
- After washing you should use a toner that does not contain alcohol. Toners or toners containing proteins, hyaluronic acid, collagen, or various vegetal ingredients such as wheat or silk can be used. But if your skin is very dry (i.e., there is a feeling of tightness even when taking a shower), it is worth foregoing this skincare step, as it can further harm dry skin.
- No need to forget about moisturizing The use of various creams designed for dry skin is recommended. In the morning, make sure to use SPF products or creams which contain SPF protection. In the evening, you can apply night creams, and 2-3 times a week, you should use an indelible night mask, which will last all night and moisturize well face skin.
So, these small but effective skincare steps will make your skin smooth, moisturized, and glowing at home.
But it is also a good idea to visit a doctor because only he will be able to suggest the most appropriate care for this type of skin and prescribe the most effective cosmetic products needed for dry skin.